Betep's Page 0

Rho Dilan Gets Fireworks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rho Dilan Gets Fireworks

Post  Betep on Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:12 am

From WPRI:
RI stores getting bang out of fireworks
* Bill Tomison

WARWICK, R.I. (WPRI) - Local business owners are wasting no time in setting up shop -- now that fireworks are legal to sell in Rhode Island.

On Monday -- just in time for the Fourth of July -- Gov. Don Carcieri signed a bill legalizing certain small fireworks for consumers -- items that may be ground-based, like fountains or wheels, as well as sparklers, smoke balls, and "pop-its," but nothing that flies through the air. read story

Pretty simple; sell small stuff like New Hampshire. Massachusetts is such a Nanny-State I doubt it will happen here. Matches are considered dangerous. Smoking is banned on beaches.
Betep

Aries Posts : 1761

Back to top Go down

Re: Rho Dilan Gets Fireworks

Post  mermaid on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:21 am

Hmm. MA is a Nanny State? Please elaborate on Nanny...

Also, Smoking is only banned in the town of Barnstable. Smoking allowed everywhere else. Tho I find fewer do smoke on the beach I frequent. Perhaps they`re scared of getting yelled at? I don`t seem to be in the `scared` catagory.

Footnote: Including today, 19 days til Labor Day. Riddle: Why is it called Labor Day when 'few' labor on that day?
Who would like to answer this for us?? Going once, going twice.....going.....

One of my favorite movies is 'Picnic' with William Holden & Kim Novak. Kind of a Peyton Place setting, yet dramatically real & sexy. They do not make movies like this anymore. Darn shame.

Love my google bounce
mermaid

Gemini Posts : 766

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:14 am

No smoking on Yarmouth beaches now.
"We'll send them to Dennis" said the Selectmen.
No shit. Not even voted on the action. I smoke and will continue to do so EVEN if arrested! TO THE HIGHEST COURT!
It's a litter thing they want to enforce.
Bastards.
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  mermaid on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:34 pm

Well.
Nobody told me about Yahmouth`s new `rules.`

The beach I frequent, has a ton of litter. Sure does have its share of cigarette butts as well. How difficult is it to stick them in an empty soda can - then toss the can ??? Also noone wants to read about the kind of trash I DO find. affraid

Common courtesy re: smoking is a rule with me. A small child or an elderly person in close proximity is a prime reason for me to smoke as far away from them as possible. Within reason... I don`t stray far from my beach equipment.
While other folks sit on top of me..... Rolling Eyes scratch or damn close enough. Hey!! This isn`t NYC ya know??? geesh. Noone has said boo to me about smoking all summer.

With Labor day a stone`s throw away, some `beach personel` have already removed the string of markers people aren`t supposed to swim beyond. Next item to be removed is .........? ya! the trash barrel.
NOT too swift.

Gawd, they sure don`t want me to start appearing at the beach committee meetings next spring. Won`t get arrested. However, I`ve lots of `suggestions.`
mermaid

Back to top Go down

Post  Betep on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:35 am

Ayup, trash cans... Lot's of them. They always seem full when I see them.
People are slobs. I don't bring a lot of smokes to the beach and use the box for butts and matches because I knew the day would come when someone would accuse me of being a litter-bug. Still hasn't happened, but I'm ready!
Betep

Back to top Go down

Post  mermaid on Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:14 am

Picture it.

Sitting at the lake minding my own business. Reasonable amount of space on beach for incoming visitors to put their chairs, blankets, etc. A man & woman arrive. She puts her chair roughly 6 inches from mine. NO exaggeration.

I`m reading, talking on the phone, & such. I light a cigarette. All of a sudden I hear a big Haarrummuph!!! She & her friend move their chairs about a total of a foot away from me. Seconds later, another move was made by them; we had a good 4 feet between us.
Now, why they didn`t sit that far away to begin with? Don`t know - none of my business. Not a word or a look exchanged on my part.

People people!!! pay attention! Cape Cod is not NYC.

Note: Trash barrel still there. Just squirrels jumping out of it in the morning. bounce
mermaid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum