Betep's Page 0

Nearly 30,000 write-ins for Mass. GOP AG candidate

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  Betep on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:02 pm

It's voting time and I think this deserves attention. A write-in candidate got on the ballot for Attorney General, running against Martha (Marsha) Coakley. I'm not very fond of her based upon her record.

By GLEN JOHNSON (AP) – 2 hours ago

BOSTON — An upstart Republican politician has obtained nearly three times the signatures needed to mount a surprise write-in challenge to Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley, who lost a U.S. Senate race to Scott Brown earlier this year.

The state's top election official said Tuesday that James McKenna of Millbury garnered 27,711 votes in last week's primary. The former prosecutor needed 10,000 to qualify for the Nov. 2 general election ballot.

McKenna appears to be the first candidate in Massachusetts political history to win a statewide nomination with a write-in campaign.

The Massachusetts Republican establishment failed earlier this year to find a nominee to challenge Coakley. The veteran Democrat was widely derided after Brown and the GOP won a January special election to replace the late Sen. Edward Kennedy.

Vote for Jim AG http://jimforag.com/
He seems to be a sane, well experienced individual. I wrote his name in after taking a good look at his qualifications. He has a 100 GOAL rating. I urge you to vote for Jim!

Last edited by Betep on Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aries Posts : 1749

Back to top Go down

Re: Nearly 30,000 write-ins for Mass. GOP AG candidate

Post  mermaid on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:27 pm

I shall check out Jim`s stats. I`ve never liked Coakly, not only because of her record, her tone of voice & mannerisms have always irked me.
mermaid

Gemini Posts : 766

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top